Inspiring Global Citizens
‘We must no longer consider ourselves as citizens of the cities or countries in which we live, but we must consider ourselves citizens of the globe.’
In this time of rapid change and globalisation, international education has a vital role in equipping our society with the skills needed for the future. New Zealand is ideally placed to address this need. We rank first in The Economist’s Worldwide Educating for the Future Index for our ability to equip our young leaders with the critical thinking, collaboration and global awareness skills they need to succeed in an increasingly internationalised and technology-driven world.
The 27th New Zealand International Education Conference and Expo (NZIEC) will explore how international education can build on this strength to equip and inspire our students, educators and professionals to become the new wave of global influencers and leaders. Our international education industry can help change the world.
NZIEC 2018 will explore the following key questions:
- How do we inspire and develop the next generation of global citizens?
- How can we harness technology to enhance our international education marketing, offering and practices?
- How can we forge leading-edge education products, services and technologies that will be in-demand in existing and future global markets?
- How can we connect our diverse communities to the value of international education?
- How can we work together to ensure international education contributes to New Zealand’s future development?